At Waynflete Infants' School we strive to be an inclusive school and aim to be accessible for all children.
We understand that some children may require further adaptations to whole class teaching and the school environment. We aim to make sure that all children are able to access the curriculum no matter what their needs. Previously we have made the following adaptations
- We have made adaptations to the layout and decoration of classrooms
- We have employed 1:1 staff to provide specific adaptations to teaching and learning
- We currently use radio aids for a child who has hearing difficulties
- We currently have mobility aids around school such as ramps and wall handles in the toilets
- Our school is on a ground floor level only.
- We have a wet room and toilet facilities for children who use a wheelchair for mobility.
- We plan multi-sensory lessons and activities in order for lessons to be accessible to all children in the way that they learn best
- We arrange seating plans in the classroom linked to child need (nearer the front of the class for hearing impaired, away from busy areas of the classroom for children who are easily distracted)
- We understand that some children may require different expectations of listening times and completed work
- We provide children with 'Cool Time' for breaks during lessons
- we provide children with 'Time Out' cards when they need quieter areas to work
- We adapt activities to include aspects of child interest
- We currently use Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS) with a child to support with communication difficulties
- We currently use Cued Articulation with children who are hearing impaired
- We create work stations for Year 1 and Year 2 children who require their own space to work
Please click the link below to see our Acessability Plan.