At Waynflete we are always making sure that children feel secure and happy at school. We understand that moving to a new setting can be a very daunting experience for children and this may be even more significant for children with SEND. We also understand that it can be equally as daunting for parents too.
We aim to ensure that we make the transition process as smooth as possible. In order to do this we ensure that we provide the following;
- We will invite you to visit the school with your child to have a look around and speak to staff.
- If other professionals are involved with your child's needs, a team around the Child (TAC) meeting will be held to discuss your child’s needs, share strategies used, and ensure provision is put in place before your child starts.
- Our SENCo, Miss Talbot will attend your child's last Action Plan meeting at Nursery.
- Your child’s future class teacher or the SENCo may make a home visit and also visit your child at their current setting.
- We advise that children attend our Wizzers sessions that are held on Thursday afternoons throughout the school year, in order for you and your child to familiarise yourself with our school environment.
- We may suggest adaptations to the settling in period to help your child to settle more easily
- Miss Talbot will meet with all members of staff who will work with your child and discuss support arrangements that need to be in place when your child starts school. She will also ensure that all staff are aware of your child's needs.
- When your child has settled into school the SENCo will meet with you to discuss targets and further plans to be made.
At Waynflete we hold an 'open door' policy, please come and speak to us, if you have any concerns - big or small, we are here to help!