Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
What we value in school
It is an important of the ethos of our school to encourage children to be good citizens by promoting values that we believe in at our school.
Each week children are rewarded with a certificate, during Sharing Assembly, for displaying one of these values.
At the beginning of each half term, the Head Teacher will base assemblies around each of the value for reinforcement.
British Values at Waynflete Infants' School
Ø The rule of law
Ø Individual liberty
Ø Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
We actively promote these values through our curriculum, assemblies, teaching of PSHE, SMSC and the RE curriculum.
Democracy plays an important role within our school. Children have the opportunity to have their voices heard in a variety of situations.
· Through an active school council where the children are voted in by their peers.
· Children are voted by their peers for other roles in school such as digital leaders.
· Pupil voice heard through pupil questionnaires which are completed yearly.
· Help children to express their views by developing speaking and listening, debate and discussion through circle times and philosophy for children.
· When appropriate, through contribution to school policies.
Rule of law
It is important that rules are clear and consistent and that the children have a say in their development.
· We have a set of school values and children are rewarded for showing these.
· Behaviour policy and class rules.
· Visits from local police discuss their role and raise awareness.
Children are actively involved to make choices.
· School and class councils.
· Through choosing ways to present their class work and their work in home learning.
· Choosing extra-curricular clubs.
Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
Our school is predominantly white British and we work hard to ensure the children understand they live in a culturally diverse society.
· Learning about other religions in RE and to respect other faiths.
· Respect between parents, staff and children.
· Assemblies themed around school values
Please refer to Policy section under Key Information to refer to the School's Policy on Promoting British Values.