Welcome to Year 1!
Mrs Lever, Mrs Crawley and Mrs Sara are the teachers in Year 1.
Mrs Brown and Mrs Hosier also work in Year 1.
The children will do PE with Mr Bailey and PSHE with Mrs Isham/ Mrs Finch on a Monday morning
Your child has brought home their spellings for this half term. They will need to learn them by the 6th February when they will take the spellings quiz. Once again there are 3 different spellings sheets so if you are not sure which one your child needs, please speak to Mrs Lever, Mrs Sara or Mrs Crawley. Thank you for your support.
We have sent home spellings for you to practice with your child ready for the spelling quiz that will take place on Thursday 22nd November. There are three different sets of spellings, so if you are not sure which set your child needs to learn please speak to their class teacher. Thank-you for your support
Maths Home Learning Ideas
We feel it is important that your child continues to reinforce what they have learnt during their Maths lessons in school regularly at home. Below is a list of activities that your child would benefit from carrying out on a regular basis:
- Reading and writing numbers to 20 in numbers and words
- counting in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Recalling pairs of numbers (number bonds) that add up to make 10
- Recognising and naming a range of 2D and 3D shapes
- Measuring items and reading scales using a range of measuring apparatus (rulers, kitchen scales, bathroom scales, tape measures, measuring jugs, etc)
- Telling the time to o'clock and half past
- Recalling days of the week and month of the year.
- Recognising coins and notes and making amounts with them