Welcome to Year 2!
Mrs Watson and Mrs Griffiths are the teachers in Year 2.
Mrs Gibson and Mrs Richardson also work in Year 2, with Mrs Isham and Mr Bailey working with us on a Tuesday.
Maths Home Learning Ideas
We feel it is important that your child continues to reinforce what they have learnt during their Maths lessons in school regularly at home. Below is a list of activities that your child would benefit from carrying out on a regular basis:
- Reading and writing numbers to 100 in numbers and words
- Counting in 1s, 2s, 3s, 5s and 10s.
- 2s, 5s, 10s times tables
- Recalling pairs of numbers (number bonds) that add up to make 10 and 20
- Recognising and naming a range of 2D and 3D shapes
- Measuring items and reading scales using a range of measuring apparatus (rulers, kitchen scales, bathroom scales, tape measures, measuring jugs, etc)
- Telling the time to o'clock, half past, quarter past and quarter to
- Making amounts with coins