Waynflete Infants' School - Class pages
Welcome to Year 1!
Mrs Tilbury, Mrs Lehec and Mrs Roache are the teachers in Year 1.
Mrs Brown, Mrs Finch and Mrs Hosier also work in Year 1.
Mrs Isham will teach PSHE with Mrs Finch in Year 1 on a Tuesday afternoon.
Year 1 will do PE every Monday and Wednesday afternoon so will need to come to school in their PE kits on those days.
Information PowerPoint 2020
In Year 1 the children will learn Common Exception Words (CEWs) which are those words which cannot be sounded out and the children just have to know. After October half term the children will bring home a set of CEWs to learn as their spellings. They will need to be able to read and write these words. All of the Year 1 CEWs are here for you to look at so you can continue to support your children at home.
Kinetic Letter Family Cards
Maths home learning ideas
- Reading and writing numbers to 20 in numbers and words
- counting in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Recalling pairs of numbers (number bonds) that add up to make 10
- Recognising and naming a range of 2D and 3D shapes
- Measuring items and reading scales using a range of measuring apparatus (rulers, kitchen scales, bathroom scales, tape measures, measuring jugs, etc)
- Telling the time to o’clock and half past
- Recalling days of the week and month of the year.
- Recognising coins and notes and making amounts with them