Welcome to Year 1!
Mrs Tilbury, Mrs Lehec and Mrs Roache are the teachers in Year 1.
Mrs Brown, Mrs Finch and Mrs Hosier also work in Year 1.
Mrs Isham will teach PSHE with Mrs Finch in Year 1 on a Tuesday afternoon.
Year 1 will do PE every Monday and Wednesday afternoon so will need to come to school in their PE kits on those days.
Hi Year 1!
Don't forget to sign up to the Northamptonshire Sport Virtual Games -https://www.northamptonshiresport.org/school-games
It would be great to see some of you taking part!
These are the spellings we have been learning in Year 1. Your child has brought a copy of their spellings home and the set that they are working on is also written in the back of their Reading Comment Books. Our next Spelling Quiz will take place on the week commencing 9th December.
Knowledge organisers are a tool that children can use when working on Foundation Subjects such as History, Geography and Science. They provide topic specific vocabulary to support the children during their lessons.
Maths Home Learning Ideas
We feel it is important that your child continues to reinforce what they have learnt during their Maths lessons in school regularly at home. Below is a list of activities that your child would benefit from carrying out on a regular basis:
- Reading and writing numbers to 20 in numbers and words
- counting in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Recalling pairs of numbers (number bonds) that add up to make 10
- Recognising and naming a range of 2D and 3D shapes
- Measuring items and reading scales using a range of measuring apparatus (rulers, kitchen scales, bathroom scales, tape measures, measuring jugs, etc)
- Telling the time to o'clock and half past
- Recalling days of the week and month of the year.
- Recognising coins and notes and making amounts with them